Unsaturated Soil Mechanics in Engineering Practice
D. G. Fredlund (Author), H. Rahardjo (Author), M. D. Fredlund (Author)
Publication Date: July 24, 2012
Price: $195 USD
The definitive guide to unsaturated soil - from the world's experts on the subject!
This book builds upon and substantially updates Fredlund and Rahardjo's publication, Soil Mechanics for Unsaturated Soils, the current standard in the field of unsaturated soils. It provides readers with more thorough coverage of the state of the art of unsaturated soil behavior and better reflects the manner in which practical unsaturated soil engineering problems are solved. Retaining the fundamental physics of unsaturated soil behavior presented in the earlier book, this new publication places greater emphasis on the importance of the "soil-water characteristic curve" in solving practical engineering problems, as well as the quantification of thermal and moisture boundary conditions based on the use of weather data.
Topics covered include:
Unsaturated Soil Mechanics in Engineering Practice is essential reading for geotechnical engineers, civil engineers, and undergraduate- and graduate-level civil engineering students with a focus on soil mechanics.
Various examples presented in this book are available for download for examination in the SVOFFICE™ software. To view these examples follow these steps:
1. Download, install, and open the most recent version of SVOFFICE™
2. Select Projects > Download Examples from the SVOffice Project Manager menu
3. Click on the button "Select All" to choose all programs
4. Click on the "+" beside Distribution Projects to show the complete list of projects
5. Select the project USMEP_Textbook in the list of Distribution Projects on the Model Download Center
6. Click on the "Download" button to complete the import of the example models
7. Click on "OK" to close the dialog box